Knox Your City
Skip Links
Visit our LinkedIn pageContact Knox City Council

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

If you are concerned about Novel Coronavirus in Victoria, call the Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit for up-to-date info. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.

Property Information Certificate (Sale of Properties)

An application for a Property Information Certificate can be made to Council at the time of sale of a property, information will be provided on works that have been undertaken on that property in the past 10 years.

This certificate can provide details under Regulation 51(1), Regulation 51(2) and Regulation 51(3).

These requests take up to fifteen (15) working days to complete from when the request form and the prescribed fee has been submitted to Council.

Applications can be submitted online. Payment via credit card is required when submitting your application. You need to be registered to use this online service.

Register to use the service
Apply for a Property Information Certificate Online (registered users only).

Application forms can also be downloaded below. Payment can be sent to us via the mail with a cheque/money order or you can pay via any means at Council’s Civic Centre at 511 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South. Opening hours Monday-Friday 8:30am-5pm.

The response may include information on the following items:

  • Details of all building permits issued within the last 10 years.
  • Any current Building Orders / Notices.
  • Are the building/s or land in an area which is liable to or subject to:
  • Flooding - Regulation153
  • Termites - Regulation150
  • Snowfalls - Regulation 152
  • Uncontrolled overland drainage - Regulation 153
  • Mandatory inspections when required by owner builders

Need Help?

If you have questions, you can contact us on 9298 8125 or alternatively, you can lodge a request below and a staff member will get back to you.

Contact Building Services

Powered by