Knox Your City
Skip Links
Visit our LinkedIn pageContact Knox City Council

Reporting Pollution and Litter

The Victorian community has a vital role in protecting the environment. The Environment Protection Authority (EPA) relies on the community to report incidents of pollution, environmental hazard or other activities potentially harmful to the environment.

Pollution can occur at any time of the day or night and at any time of the year. A rapid response can also help the EPA to identify the cause and source of the problem for further enforcement action against those that have created the pollution.

What is an environmental hazard?

An environmental hazard is a danger to humans or the environment caused by inappropriate storage or handling of toxic, corrosive, flammable, explosive, or infectious substances.

For example, storage of dangerous chemicals or waste products in unsealed containers beside a creek.

How to Report Pollution

You can report pollution of the environment by calling the 24 hour EPA pollution hotline: 1300 EPA VIC (1300 372 842) or online at the EPA Online Interaction Portal:

Report Litter Online

If an activity on a residential property is causing an environmental problem, contact Knox City Council on 9298 8000.

Powered by