Knox Your City
Skip Links
Visit our LinkedIn pageContact Knox City Council

Early years assets (Amendment C174)


  • Submitted for authorisation to the Minister for Planning

Knox City Council has prepared proposed amendment C174knox to the Knox Planning Scheme. The amendment was endorsed by Council at the 26 November 2018 Council Meeting, with the purpose to request authorisation from the Minister for Planning to exhibit the amendment.
Council submitted the proposed amendment C174knox, and associated documentation to the Minister for Planning in December 2018. The amendment will be placed on exhibition following Ministerial authorisation.

What is Amendment C174?

Proposed amendment C174knox seeks to assist with the implementation of Councils approved construction of two early years hubs, by the rezoning of existing early years sites that have been deemed surplus to both the existing and future requirements of Council.
This amendment will seek to implement re-zonings within the Knox Planning Scheme to the following sites:

  • 4 Coorie Avenue, Bayswater (Coorie Avenue Children and Family Centre)
  • 10 Tamara Street, Wantirna South (NG Haynes Children and Family Centre)
  • 73-75 Eildon Parade, Rowville (Eildon Parade Children and Family Centre)

The amendment proposes to rezone each site form the Public Use Zone (Schedule 6) to the General Residential Zone (Schedule 2). The proposed residential zoning is to reflect the existing residential neighbourhoods surrounding each of the three early years sites. The General Residential Zone (Schedule 2) will ensure any subsequent development or use on the three mentioned sites is not out of character with the existing residential neighbourhoods.

Where can I get information?

Draft amendment C174knox and its supporting documents adopted by Council at the 26 November 2018 Council Meeting can be found at the link below.

How to make a submission

Public consultation and submissions to Amendment C174knox have not commenced.


What is a planning scheme amendment?
Planning schemes are documents used to control land use and development. All councils in Victoria have their own planning schemes, which are overseen by the State Government. To add or change planning controls, councils must make an amendment to their planning scheme, which must then be approved by the Minister for Planning. View planning scheme amendments for further information.

What is a zone?
The planning scheme zones all land to reflect different land uses. These zones categorize how land is used and there are specific rules related to each zone. The different zones applicable within Knox can be viewed within the Knox Planning Scheme at, managed by the Victorian State Government.

Need help?

Contact Strategic Planning Lodge a request and we will get back to you or call our City Futures Team on 9298 8000.

Powered by