2023 kindergarten registration
Registrations for Council kindergarten in 2023 are now open. You can register your child using EnrolNow. The first round of kindergarten places is allocated in early September each year.
|Registration period||April to June|
|Allocation of places||August|
|Receiving and accepting kindergarten placement offers||August to September|
|Kindergarten program begins||End of January|
Registering your child
To register your child in a Council kindergarten program:
- your child must be 3 years old before they commence in 3-year-old kindergarten
- your child must be 3 or 4 years old by 30 April of the year they start kindergarten to enrol in a kindergarten program
- you can register your child from 1 April the year before they start kindergarten.
- You need to register each kindergarten year separately in the year before they attend
If your child turns 3 or 4 by 30 April 2023, you can register them now to attend kindergarten next year.
At Knox, you can register your child for a Council kindergarten through an online system called EnrolNow.
EnrolNow allows you to:
- register your child
- update your details
- nominate your kindergarten preferences
Keep your child’s details updated
It is important that you keep your child's details up-to-date at all times. This helps us to process your child's application effectively.
Choosing your preferred kindergarten
You can use EnrolNow to nominate your preferred kindergarten groups.
The first round of kindergarten offers is based on your first preferences. The second and other offers are based on the other preferences you have selected.
Allocation of places
We allocate places using the Priority of Access criteria.
This ensures fair and transparent selection for all eligible children where there are more families than places available.
There are 5 priority criteria:
You will receive your kindergarten offer by email. You can respond to the offer directly from the email.
Council runs a minimum of 3 rounds of offers beginning in August.
Enrolling your child in kindergarten
Families that receive and accept an offer of a Council kindergarten place must then enrol their child at that kindergarten.
You will receive an invitation to complete the enrolment form through EnrolNow.
From November onwards, you will receive:
- An email with a link to the enrolment form in EnrolNow
- Once your child begins kindergarten, you can access the EnrolNow Parent Portal. The portal allows you to keep all your details up to date.
Please fill in this form as soon as possible after receiving the link. Your child will not be able to attend kindergarten without a completed, validated and accepted enrolment form.
Kindergarten enrolment policies
Our Funded Kindergarten Policy and Funded Kindergarten Registration and Enrolment Procedure set out how we manage kindergarten enrolment. They are designed to ensure that the process is accessible and places are allocated fairly.
The Victorian State Government announced free kindergarten for 2023. This means that there will be no fees charged to families for 3 or 4-year-old kindergarten in 2023.
Inclusion of children with disability
Preschool Field Officers work with educators and families to support the inclusion of children with additional needs in our kindergarten programs.
This service is funded by Knox City Council and the Department of Education and Training.
About preschool field officers
Knox City Council preschool field officers are experienced kindergarten teachers with extra specialist qualifications.
The role includes:
- supporting early childhood educators in the development and delivery of inclusive programs
- supporting partnerships between educators and their families
- carrying out play-based observations of referred children in kindergarten
- linking families into the range of available supports.
Preschool field officers do not work one-to-one with individual children.
No Jab No Play
All children enrolling in our early childhood education and care services must be up to date with their immunisation or have an approved exemption.
No Jab No Play is the Victorian Government legislation requiring all children to be fully immunised before enrolling in any childcare and/or kindergarten in Victoria.
Email email@example.com and we will come back to you.
Or call our Kindergarten Services on 9298 8000.