About the program
The Knox Night Owl Program is coordinated by Knox City Council and supported by volunteers.
Sessions are held over nine weeks, usually on Friday nights.
The program is free for participants.
The program features:
- arts and other activities
- healthy meals
- personal development
- life-skills workshops.
Local young people get the opportunity to meet and build friendships, gain new skills and confidence.
A typical session includes:
- different activities including:
- circus skills
- street dance
- a life skills workshop, where topics may include:
- mental health
- healthy eating
- drugs and alcohol
- online safety
- and more
- a hot dinner and supper
- transport home by mini-bus provided if needed.
Join the Night Owl program
The next Night Owl program will run from Friday 11 February - Friday 8 April (nine weeks in Term 1, 2022)
Volunteer on the program
Volunteers support the running of the program and are a large part of its success.
Volunteers play an important role by:
- being positive role models
- developing strong inter-generational relationships of trust
- contributing to a more connected community.
It can also be very rewarding for volunteers and gives you an opportunity to:
- share skills
- gain experience
- meet new people
- share a meal and have fun
- work meaningfully with young people.
Volunteer roles include:
You must follow an application process to volunteer: