We will cover:
- tips on how to approach debt, including calculating what you owe, reviewing income/assets and prioritising debts
- gambling harm and where to get help
- the concepts of ‘family violence’ and ‘elder abuse’ and what financial abuse looks like
- options to protect and safeguard your finances, including keeping finances separate/changing passwords
- where to get help and the roles of financial counsellors.
You will be able to ask questions throughout the session and FAQ sheets will be provided.
This module is the third of 5 free sessions. Remaining topics include:
- Avoiding scams – 20 October – scammers try and steal your money or personal information. Learn how to protect yourself.
- Planning for your future – 27 October – it is never too early or too late to have a plan to protect your financial wellbeing.
You can register for these remaining sessions on the Eastern Community Legal Centre website.
The My Money initiative is a partnership between Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges Councils, Eastern Community Legal Centre, Women’s Health East and the Outer East Primary Care Partnership.
Register Add to calendar
Wednesday, October 13, 2021
07:30 PM - 08:30 PM
Online via Zoom.
For more information, see the Eastern Community Legal Centre.