In Knox we have an active and enthusiastic community of environmental volunteers dedicated to preserving our beautiful, natural local environment.
September is Biodiversity Month and we encourage you to celebrate and give back to your community by joining one of the following local environmental groups at their latest working bee:
- Friends of Blind Creek Billabong
- Friends of Glenfern Green Wedge
- Friends of Koolunga Native Reserve
- Friends of Old Joes Creek
- Friends of the Gully
At the working bees you will:
- Revegetate degraded bushland by planting indigenous species
- Observe and record local wildlife, supporting local citizen science projects
- Help restore animal habitats
- Help reduce the impact of invasive species by removing non-native plants
- Support your local community volunteer group
Please see our events page for more details.