Our My Money information sessions are designed to increase women’s financial confidence, help them understand key financial topics and know where to find help when they need it.
Suitable for women of every age and stage, the course is free and includes 5 online sessions run on Wednesdays between 7:30 and 8:30pm. Workshops will be delivered by experienced financial counsellors from the Eastern Community Legal Centre.
- Budgets and bills – 29 September – plan and manage how you spend your money and find out where to get help when you need it.
- Superannuation and insurance – 6 October – understanding how insurance and superannuation work and can help secure your future.
- Managing debt – 13 October – falling behind on repayments is stressful. Learn strategies to avoid getting into debt.
- Avoiding scams – 20 October – scammers try and steal your money or personal information. Learn how to protect yourself.
- Planning for your future – 27 October – it is never too early or too late to have a plan to protect your financial wellbeing.
Participants will be able to ask questions throughout the session and FAQ sheets will be provided.
This initiative is a partnership between Knox, Maroondah and Yarra Ranges Councils, Eastern Community Legal Centre, Women’s Health East and the Outer East Primary Care Partnership.
Participants can find out more or register with the Eastern Community Legal Centre.