Update 23 January 2023
The State Government has expanded access to RAT tests by removing eligibility requirements and making them freely available at Council facilities for all Victorians.
Free rapid antigen tests (RATs) are available for collection at the following Council facilities:
- Bayswater Library, Mountain High Shopping Centre, Shop 26, Ground Floor, 7-13 High Street, Bayswater VIC 3153
- Boronia Library, Park Crescent, Boronia VIC 3155
- Ferntree Gully Library, Ferntree Gully Community Centre, 1010 Burwood Highway, Ferntree Gully VIC 3156
- Knox Library, Knox City Shopping Centre, 425 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152
- Rowville Library, Stud Park Shopping Centre, Stud Road, Rowville VIC 3178
- Knox Civic Centre, 511 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna South VIC 3152
While you do not need to show any I.D. or concession cards to access free testing kits, some limits on quantity may apply.
Opening hours for Knox libraries are available on our Libraries in Knox webpage or call 1300 737 277. Opening hours for the Civic Centre are also available on our Contact Council webpage or call 9298 8000.
If you have symptoms or have been in contact with someone who has COVID-19, please do not collect RATs until you are well. If you can’t get to a location, a guardian or carer can collect your free RATs for you.
For more information about getting tested and reporting a positive RAT result, visit the Victorian Government Coronavirus website. Alternatively you can call the National Coronavirus Helpline on 1800 675 398.
Free RATs for the community are delivered with support from the Victorian Government.