Recruitment for the 2022 Youth Advisory Committee is currently in full swing. We are looking for young people aged 12-25 and community members over 25 who are interested in youth issues.
The Advisory Committee is a lively and productive forum for people who are passionate about issues that affect the lives and wellbeing of young people in Knox. It brings together a range of young people aged 12 – 25, community representatives and Councillors.
The focus of the committee is to consider the perspective and ideas of young people on a range of important issues and provide feedback to Council. Recent topics include:
- our climate response plan
- ideas for activating Boronia Activity Centre (part of the Boronia Revitalisation Project)
- the Council and Community Plans
- ideas for projects to improve intergenerational connection within Knox
- feedback on the Gilbert Park Youth Pavilion mural
- improving emergency management.
The committee meets once a month either online or in a wheelchair accessible venue. The first meeting of 2022 will be held in February.
Anyone interested is invited to complete the online application form. Applications close at 9am on Wednesday 24 November.