Knox Your City
Skip Links
Visit our LinkedIn pageContact Knox City Council

Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information

If you are concerned about Novel Coronavirus in Victoria, call the Department of Health and Human Services Coronavirus hotline on 1800 675 398 or visit for up-to-date info. Please keep Triple Zero (000) for emergencies only.

Written Planning Advice

Do you need written planning advice or information from Council?

The Planning Services team can provide you with written planning information. This service is useful if you need confirmation about whether a Planning Permit is required for your proposed development or other planning advice in writing.

To obtain written planning information from Council, you will need to make your request in writing, including as much detail as you can about the nature of the advice you are seeking.

The request must be accompanied by the applicable fee of $80. Your request can be sent in to Council by mail or you can submit your request and make payment at the front counter during business hours.

Please note that this service is not yet available online.

If you would like design feedback from the Planning Services team on a proposal before you submit a full application, please see our Pre Application Advice page for more information on this service.

Powered by