Knox Your City
Skip Links
Visit our LinkedIn pageContact Knox City Council

Facilities Closed

Knox City Council has closed many of its public facilities to help prevent the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) within the community. This includes the Civic Centre Customer Service Counter. More information

House under construction


Building Services can provide regulatory advice on all building matters associated with properties in the City of Knox.

A number of building applications can be submitted online. These include:

  • Private Building Surveyor (PBS) notifications (Section 80, 30 & 73)
  • Report & Consents
  • Building File Searches
  • Building and Planning Information Request
  • Property Information Certificates

You need to be registered to use these online services. Payment via credit card is required when submitting your application

Register to use the service
Submit an application (registered users only)

Online lodgement of Building Permit applications is not yet available.

New Pool and Spa Barrier Safety Standards

Get water safety right at home. If you own a spa or pool, you are required to register with Knox Council by 1 November 2020.

Learn more about the new safety standards and compliance regime introduced by the Victorian Government

Community Infrastructure Levy

Need to know if a Community Infrastructure Levy applies to your building project? Section 24 of the Building Act 1993 does not allow a building surveyor to issue a building permit for building work unless they are satisfied that the Community Infrastructure Levy has been paid. Within Knox, there are currently no Community Infrastructure Levies applicable.

Need Help?

If you have questions, you can contact us on 9298 8125 or alternatively, you can lodge a request below and a staff member will get back to you.

Contact Building Services

More Information

Powered by