You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.
Skip to the main content

Complaints, compliments or suggestions

Council is keen to hear from you if you have a complaint, compliment, suggestion, or would like to discuss a council decision or process.


A complaint is when you tell us you are unhappy with:

  • the quality of an action or decision
  • the quality of service provided by a member of staff or a Council contractor
  • the delay by a member of staff or Council contractor in taking an action, making a decision or providing a service, or
  • a policy or decision made by a Council or a member of Council staff or a contractor.

Tell us about your complaint

Other feedback

See our Pay / Report / Apply page if you’re contacting us to:

  • report an issue or concern
  • request a service
  • report a hazard
  • appeal a fine.

Our Have Your say page also provides an opportunity to provide feedback on a range of specific projects currently out for consultation.

Give suggestions or compliments

If you've seen or experienced some great service or have a general suggestion, fill in our online form to provide a compliment or suggestion.

Or visit our Contact us page for more options.

When you make a complaint

If you do have a complaint, we’ll try to resolve it and also use your feedback to try and continually improve our services.

All complaints are reviewed by the relevant service area or Director. Particularly complex matters may be escalated to the Chief Executive Officer.

Serious complaints about improper conduct or corruption can be reported in accordance with the Public Interest Disclosures Act 2012.

Dissatisfied with the outcome of your complaint

If we are unable to resolve your complaint, we'll clearly explain why.

If you are not satisfied with the outcome of a complaint – or if the complaint remains unresolved – you can contact us again and another officer will consider your complaint and whether it was handled reasonably, fairly and objectively.

If you are still unhappy with our second response, you can make a complaint directly to the Victorian Ombudsman.

Need help?

Contact us and we will get back to you.

Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.


Stay up to date with our newsletter

subscribe icon