Knox Your City
Skip Links
Visit our LinkedIn pageContact Knox City Council

Service Updates

We are prioritising critical services and some services may be reduced. This means there will be longer wait times for customers contacting us by phone. Many of our services are available online. Advice on which services can continue is changing rapidly. For regular updates, go to


Issuing an Infringement Notice

Council issues infringement notices for a number of offences under various legislation.

The Infringements Act 2006 states:

An infringement notice for an infringement offence may be served on a person -

  • (a) by delivering it personally to the person; or
  • (b) by sending it by post addressed to the person at the person's last known place of residence or business; or
  • (c) if a vehicle is involved in the alleged commission of the offence, by affixing or placing the notice on that vehicle in a conspicuous manner; or
  • (d) in any other manner not specified in paragraphs (a) to (c) if the Act or other instrument which establishes the infringement offence or any other Act or other instrument provides for any other manner of service.

Paying your infringements

It is important to pay your infringements by the due date on the infringement notice. If you fail to make payment by the due date, you’ll receive a Penalty Reminder Notice and additional costs will be added to your fine.

Payment Options


Payments can be made online by credit card via our Payments page.


Pay by Visa or Mastercard on 1300 668 153, option 3


Send cheque or money order to:
Knox City Council
511 Burwood Highway,
Wantirna South VIC 3152.

Ensure that you write your infringement notice number on back of cheque/money order. Payment is not deemed to be made until the cheque is cleared.

In Person

Present your infringement notice to:
Civic Centre
Knox City Council
511 Burwood Highway,
Wantirna South VIC 3152

Please note that payments by Visa or Mastercard will incur a surcharge.

View your parking infringement online

You can view your parking infringement details online including any photos that may have been taken. You will need your infringement notice number and vehicle registration number. This information can help you decide on what action to take to resolve your fine.

View your parking fine

Requesting a Review of an Infringement

You may be able to request a review of your infringement notice. Visit our Requesting a Review of an Infringement page for more information.

Payment Plans

A person, not including a corporation, may be eligible for a payment plan under Section 46 of the Infringements Act 2006.

A person will be entitled to a payment plan if they are in receipt of any one of the following:

  • a Commonwealth Government (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card;
  • a Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card or Gold Card; or
  • a Centrelink Health Care Card (all types including non-means tested); or
  • a Work and Development Permit (WDP)

If you are not the recipient of one of the above concessions but can demonstrate financial hardship then you my be able to request an extension of time to pay your infringement.

To request a payment plan or extension of time, you will need to provide any supporting documentation and complete the online payment plan/extension form or forward your request in writing to Att: Infringement Payment Plan – City Safety and Health, Knox City Council, 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South Vic 3152, before the expiration of the due date on the Notice, or costs may be added.

You may also be eligible to apply to the Director, Fines Victoria for a payment arrangement to pay a fine or multiple fines. Contact Fines Victoria on 1300 369 819 for further information.

Alcohol Options Program

If a notice has been issued for an alcohol-related offence the recipient has two options.

The recipient of the notice may:

  • Pay the penalty within 28 days of this notice; OR
  • Make and attend an appointment with ONE of the following alcohol and drug agencies within 28 days of the notice.

When telephoning to make an appointment please inform the agency that you are making contact under the “Alcohol Options Program”. When you make and attend a free and confidential appointment with one of these services the infringement notice will be immediately withdrawn, upon confirmation of attendance, and you will not be required to pay the penalty. All appointments are with qualified Alcohol and Drug Workers and will generally last between 30-60 minutes. During this time you will receive information on harm minimisation and support services available.

The “Alcohol Options Project” is designed to reduce alcohol-related harm within our community.

This diversion initiative is a partnership between Knox City Council, Victoria Police Boronia, Knox and Rowville and the following Alcohol and Drug agencies: Anglicare Agendas, Eastern Drug and Alcohol Service (EDAS) and the Knox Community Health Service.

Download the Knox Alcohol Options brochure for more information.

  • Agendas – Bayswater 9721 3688 (all ages)
  • Eastern Drug and Alcohol Service – Wantirna South 1300 650 705 (12 –21 year olds)
  • Knox Community Health Service – Ferntree Gully 9757 6200 (all ages)

Knox City Council may disclose personal information to VicRoads for the purposes of pursuing an infringement, prosecution or investigating any other offence. It should also be noted that VicRoads may disclose personal information to Knox City Council as part of that infringement, prosecution or any other offence.

Powered by