Infringements notices (or fines) are issued by Council under various legislation and are issued for failing to comply with the law.
You are entitled to appeal your fine, however you must:
- do so in writing to Council by the due date on your fine
- specify the grounds for your appeal
- include supporting documentation.
If you don’t act before the due date on your fine, it will continue through the fine process and more costs will be added.
You can appeal your fine at any time before the fine is registered with Fines Victoria (parking and other offences, where applicable).
All other fines that are not registrable with Fines Victoria can be appealed at any time before a charge and summons to appear in the Magistrates’ Court has been issued.
By law, you can request one internal review of your fine.
View your parking fine
You can view your parking fine details online, including any photos taken.
Eligible for review
If you submit an infringement notice review, you must satisfy one of these circumstances:
Not eligible for review
There are some circumstances that may not be eligible for review of fines for parking, animal, pool or spa or public health offenses.
However you are still entitled to apply for a review of your fine.
Apply for a review of your fine
All requests for review must be made in writing and include the following information:
- your name and address (we will respond in writing to the address provided). If providing a P.O. Box a residential address will also be required.
- the infringement notice number
- the vehicle registration number (where applicable)
- an explanation of why you believe the infringement notice should be reviewed
- any supporting documentation.
Having the matter heard in court
If your review was unsuccessful, you may choose to have your matter dealt with in the Magistrates' Court.
We aim to contact you within 10 business days when you have elected to have your infringement heard in court.
Please note that additional costs may be incurred if the matter is referred to court.
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.