You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.
Skip to the main content

Infringement notices

An infringement notice is a penalty for breaking the law. Council issues infringement notices for a number of offences under various legislation.

How an infringement notice is served

We can serve an infringement notice by:

  • delivering it to you in person
  • sending it to you by post at your last known place of residence or business
  • by fixing or placing the notice on your vehicle in a conspicuous manner (if your vehicle was involved in the alleged offence).

Appeal against your infringement

You may be able to request a review of your infringement notice.

Non-payment of infringements

It is important to pay your infringements by the due date on the infringement notice.

If you fail to make payment by the due date, you’ll receive a Penalty Reminder Notice and additional costs will be added to your fine.

Payment Options

You can pay your infringement: 


Payments can be made online by credit card via our payments page.


Pay by Visa or Mastercard on 1300 668 153.


Send cheque or money order to:

Knox City Council
511 Burwood Highway,
Wantirna South VIC 3152.

Ensure that you write your infringement notice number on back of cheque/money order.

Payment is not made until the cheque is cleared.

In person

Present your infringement notice to:

Knox City Council Civic Centre
511 Burwood Highway,
Wantirna South VIC 3152

Please note that payments by Visa or Mastercard incur a surcharge.

Payment plans or extensions

You may be eligible to pay under a payment plan if you have a:

  • Commonwealth Government (Centrelink) Pensioner Concession Card
  • Department of Veterans’ Affairs Pensioner Concession Card or Gold Card
  • Centrelink Health Care Card (all types including non-means tested)
  • Work and Development Permit.

If you do not have any of these concessions but can demonstrate financial hardship then you may be able to ask for an extension of time to pay your infringement.

To ask for a payment plan or extension of time, you need to provide supporting documentation and:

Infringement Payment Plan – City Safety and Health

Knox City Council
511 Burwood Highway,
Wantirna South VIC 3152.

You need to do this before the due date on the notice, or costs may be added.

You may also be eligible to apply to the Director, Fines Victoria for a payment arrangement to pay a fine or multiple fines. Contact Fines Victoria on 1300 369 819 for further information.

Alcohol-related infringements

If you have received a notice for an alcohol-related offence, you have two options. You can:

  • pay the penalty within 28 days of the notice, OR
  • make and attend an appointment with ONE of the following alcohol and drug agencies within 28 days of the notice.
Alcohol and drug agencies in Knox



Age groups




All ages

9721 3688

Eastern Drug and Alcohol Service

Wantirna South

12 – 21 year-olds

1300 650 705

Knox Community Health Service

Ferntree Gully

All ages

9757 6200

Making your appointment

When making an appointment you must inform the agency that you are making contact under the “Alcohol Options Program”.

Attendance at an alcohol options program is free and confidential.

When we receive confirmation that you have attended an appointment with one of these services your infringement notice will be immediately withdrawn and you will not need to pay the penalty.

All appointments are with qualified Alcohol and Drug Workers and will generally last between 30-60 minutes. During this time you will receive information on harm minimisation and support services available.

About the Alcohol Options program

The Alcohol Options Project is designed to reduce alcohol-related harm within our community.

It is a partnership between Knox City Council, Victoria Police Boronia, Knox and Rowville and the following Alcohol and Drug agencies: Anglicare Agendas, Eastern Drug and Alcohol Service (EDAS) and the Knox Community Health Service.

Your personal information

Knox City Council may disclose your personal information to VicRoads:

  • for the purposes of pursuing an infringement, prosecution or investigating any other offence, and/or
  • as part of that infringement, prosecution or any other offence.

Types of infringements

For more information on different types of infringements, see:

Need help?

Contact us and we will get back to you.

Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.

Our Council


Stay up to date with our newsletter

subscribe icon