How an infringement notice is served
We can serve an infringement notice by:
- delivering it to you in person
- sending it to you by post at your last known place of residence or business
- by fixing or placing the notice on your vehicle in a conspicuous manner (if your vehicle was involved in the alleged offence).
Appeal against your infringement
You may be able to request a review of your infringement notice.
Non-payment of infringements
It is important to pay your infringements by the due date on the infringement notice.
If you fail to make payment by the due date, you’ll receive a Penalty Reminder Notice and additional costs will be added to your fine.
You can pay your infringement:
If you have received a notice for an alcohol-related offence, you have two options. You can:
- pay the penalty within 28 days of the notice, OR
- make and attend an appointment with ONE of the following alcohol and drug agencies within 28 days of the notice.
Your personal information
Knox City Council may disclose your personal information to VicRoads:
- for the purposes of pursuing an infringement, prosecution or investigating any other offence, and/or
- as part of that infringement, prosecution or any other offence.
Types of infringements
For more information on different types of infringements, see:
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.