It is the responsibility of the vehicle driver to ensure that they know and follow the Victorian Road Safety Road Rules 2017. Knox City Council enforces these rules by issuing fines to drivers who break them. In addition to Council, the Police can also enforce these rules.
The Road Safety Rules cover:
- parking safely
- parking lines
- parking zones.
All parking and stopping rules apply even if your vehicle has broken down or if you have your hazard warning light on.
Find out more about the Road Safety Rules on the VicRoads website.
Pay your parking fine
There are several ways you can pay your parking infringement.
View your parking fine
If you break parking rules in Knox you will be issued with a fine. You can view your infringement details online, including any photos taken.
This information can help you decide on what action to take to resolve your fine.
A fine is still valid if there are no photos or they are of poor quality. Officers are not required to take photos by law.
Make sure you leave at least 24 hours for your infringement to be uploaded into our system.
Council Officers can take photos of vehicles that have broken the parking rules. This documents the offence and assists with the review or prosecution of a fine.
These images are only accessible by authorised Knox City Council staff and vehicle owners and are governed by our Privacy Statement.
View your fine by typing in your infringement notice number and vehicle registration number.
If you have lost these details, please email email@example.com.
Note that the amount shown is the original penalty amount. It does not include any extra charges.
Request a review of your infringement
When reviewing parking fines, Council checks all available information, including:
- Information collected by the parking officer who issued the notice
- Photographs may be taken by the officer. These are not a legal requirement, but most officers take photos in the course of their work.
- All information provided by the applicant (and any supporting documentation).
- Road Safety Road Rules 2017 requirements.
- Relevant provisions under the Victorian Infringements Act 2006. These guide the internal review of infringement notices.