About the upgrade
Key features of the redevelopment included:
- retaining the big red train and enhancing the surrounding area
- reinstating the little red train
- new nature-based cubby areas
- repairs and enhancement works to the timber fortress
- replacement of rubber surfaces
- new pathways, picnic tables and seats
- new planting of ground covers, shrubs and trees.
- solar lighting installed at the car park and adjoining shared paths to improve public safety and reduce vandalism and anti-social activities.
The redevelopment has been completed and the playground is now open.
About the Marie Wallace Park Masterplan
The Landscape Masterplan for Marie Wallace Park was endorsed in June 2015 and the upgrade was implemented in stages.
The first stage included the construction of a central lawn with custom-built stage and a multi-activity area providing a range of activity zones with custom play elements and a picnic/BBQ area.
The second stage included:
- the widening of Jim Abernathy Drive and additional car parking
- a bike education training area
- upgraded picnic facilities
- a new pedestrian bridge between the two Bayswater Park ovals.
Marie Wallace Park is located in Bayswater with Mountain Highway to the south and Bayswater Road to the east.
The park is also bounded by Dandenong Creek on the north and King Street to the west.
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Customer Services team on 9298 8000.