About Gilbert Park
Gilbert Park is located at the corner of Gilbert Park Drive (off Ferntree Gully Road) and Forbes Close in Knoxfield.
The park is accessible by bus on Ferntree Gully Road opposite the shopping centre or via bike paths.
Gilbert Park features
- a dedicated skate and BMX park
- youth pavilion
- baseball and softball fields
- shade structures
- drinking fountains
- car parking
- public toilets
- a playground (located at the baseball fields adjacent to the Park).
About the upgrades
Knox City Council has carried out a number of upgrades to the Park since 2020 as part of the Gilbert Park Masterplan, including a youth pavilion, fencing, sports lighting, the play space and the batting cage.
Modular change rooms
The Modular Change Rooms attached to the baseball and softball clubs have been upgraded.
The existing public toilets and storage buildings have been replaced with a modular change room and amenities building consisting of:
- 4 player change rooms with full amenities
- 2 umpires change rooms
- 2 first aid rooms
- new public toilet facilities
- a new storage facility.
Upgrades to the Pavillion have been completed. The Pavillion features:
- a dedicated social room
- storage rooms
- a new kitchen
- refurbished toilets
- an upgraded covered outdoor area
- security hardware and monitoring equipment.
Other improvements to come include:
- a 20 kW solar array
- a new electric inverter technology heat pumps (2) replacing gas HWS
- a new bull pen
- a new batting cage.