R U OK Day (8 September 2022) aims to remind us that every day is the opportunity to ask, ‘are you OK?’, to connect with each other, and start a meaningful conversation that could save a life.
Ahead of R U OK Day, Council will be hosting a webinar over Zoom on Wednesday 7 September from 11am-12pm.
Facilitated by Mindfulness and Meditation Coach, Carolyn Mitchell, the session will cover tips and necessities in starting a conversation, and how to look for the signs to check in with yourself and others.
Topics covered will include:
- How life’s ups and downs affect us all differently
- Why we can sometimes miss or avoid opportunities to connect
- What to look for in ourselves and others as signs we might be struggling
- When where and how to start an ‘are you ok?’ conversation
- Where to go for information and support
To register, visit our How to ask R U OK webinar page.
For more information or questions, please contact Belinda Carney on Belinda.Carney@knox.vic.gov.au.