Have your say on the Koolunga Native Reserve Future Directions Plan out for consultation until 11.59pm Sunday 28 May.
Located at the foothills of the Dandenong Ranges, the Reserve is one of the early catchments for Blind Creek and later the Dandenong Creek which means it is home to important birds and animals and over 150 native plant species.
The community have told us they value the Reserve for a range of reasons including its natural features and as a passive recreation and social gathering spot.
We have drafted a plan that provides clear direction for the protection and future development of Koolunga Native Reserve and welcome your feedback on the proposed activities.
Three objectives drive the plan to:
- Protect the ecological biodiversity and habitat values of the land.
- Better manage stormwater to improve water quality.
- Continue to welcome the local community to enjoy the natural environment and improve their health and wellbeing.
The Plan proposes actions designed to help achieve the objectives.
We welcome your feedback and ideas on our Have Your Say Page or come along to one of four drop in sessions being held on:
- 4pm to 6pm Tuesday 9 May, Knox Council Offices, 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South.
- 3.30 to 5.30pm Thursday 11 May, In the open space at the north of the reserve at 36 Daffodil Road, Koolunga Reserve*.
- 11am to 1pm Saturday 13 May, In the open space at the north of the reserve at 36 Daffodil Road, Koolunga Reserve*.
- 5pm to 7pm Wednesday 17 May, The Basin Community House, 21 Liverpool Rd, The Basin.
In case of poor weather, please check Have Your Say or call Council to confirm the location of outdoor sessions.
You can also call the Open Space team on 9298 8030 or email email@example.com to ask any questions, share your feedback or request printed copies of the plan and survey.