Council has partnered with the Australian Energy Foundation to provide free and trusted advice on lowering household energy consumption in the home.
Residents are invited to register for the webinar which is being run between 6pm – 7:30pm on 24 November.
The session will cover:
- the economic and environmental benefits of reducing household gas (and fuel) consumption
- the steps to creating an efficient, all-electric home that can accommodate electric vehicles in the future
- ways to power a home with renewables, for households unsuitable for solar
- eligibility criteria for the wide range of rebates available to Knox residents.
Knox households account for 18% of total greenhouse emissions in our community. Changing to an all-electric home is a great way to take action against climate change and it also makes financial sense too. As part of our Climate Response Plan 2021-2031, we are working to help our community lower emissions and reach net zero by 2040.
Anyone unable to make the session can still learn about energy efficiency and moving away from gas by visiting the Australian Energy Foundation website.
The Australian Energy Foundations provides a wide range of free advice and support on topics such as:
- solar panels and battery storage
- insulation and draught proofing
- LED lighting
- hot water heat pumps
- reverse cycle air conditioners
- home energy assessments
- pool pump controllers
- window films.
They can also connect residents to reliable suppliers in the industry. Residents can call an energy advisor for free advice on 1300 23 68 55 or email email@example.com