About Wantirna Recreation Reserve
Wantirna Recreation Reserve is part of Koomba Park, located on Mountain Highway in Wantirna. It features:
- Wantirna Tennis Club
- 2nd Wantirna Scout Group
- a shared pathway along Dandenong Creek
- open space grassed areas.
The following developments have been completed in 2023:
- construction of a new hockey pitch
- renewal of 5 tennis courts.
Wantirna Recreation Reserve masterplan
The development of a masterplan for the reserve is currently underway.
The masterplan for the reserve will be available for community consultation in late 2023. Check this page or the Have Your Say website for updates.
New hockey facility
The new hockey facility is open to the public and is home to the Knox Hockey Club.
A number of feasibility studies indicated that Wantirna Recreation Reserve was an ideal location of a new hockey facility.
Detailed designs were completed and construction commenced in April 2022. The construction of the hockey pitch was completed in June 2023.
The new facility features:
- a synthetic FIH (International Federation) hockey field
- player's and officials shelters
- a grass viewing mound
- energy efficient LED lights
- solar panels for car park
- outdoor drinking fountains
- 2 accessible car spaces.
The total project budget for the new hockey facility is $3.625 million.
New tennis courts
The renewal of 5 tennis courts was completed in June 2023.. The improvements include:
- extension of court dimensions to match current standards
- resurfacing with a new synthetic clay on a reinforced concrete base
- drainage upgrades
- fencing replacement
- court lighting upgrades
- seating upgrades
- adjoining concrete paved area upgrades.
The project budget is approximately $1.7 million.
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Or call our Major Initiatives team on 9298 8000.