You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.
Skip to the main content

Storm assistance

Fallen trees and branches

Public land

You can report a fallen tree on public land online.

Report a fallen tree on public land

Our crews are working hard to clear up fallen trees and branches on public land. They are prioritising trees posing an immediate safety risk. It is estimated this will take weeks to complete. Thank you for your patience.

Private property

The SES can help in emergency situations, where trees or branches are blocking access or fallen on a house, building or vehicle. Call 132 500.

For help with trees that are still standing or not an emergency, please contact a professional tradesperson.


Residents impacted by the power outage are able to take any storm-related waste free of charge to the Knox Transfer Station.

Storm related waste includes branches, green waste and building materials such as fences.

The Transfer Station does not accept food.

Knox Transfer Station

251 George Street, Wantirna South

  • Monday to Saturday: 7.30 am to 4:30 pm
  • Sunday: 9 am to 4:30pm

Please ensure you take photo identification with a Knox address on it, such as a rates notice, drivers licence or utility bill.

Garden waste

Do not put large green waste items such as thick branches in your food and garden bin. Instead you can use the bundled branch collection service or take them to the Knox Transfer and Recycling Facility.

Green waste such as branches up to 100mm in diameter can be bundled and put out for collection. Bundles must be no more than 1.5m long and be tied in natural twine or string. 

Your bundled green waste collection is fortnightly. It is collected the same day as your household rubbish bin. Find my bin days.

You don’t have to wait for your collection night. You can place your bundled green waste material out on your nature strip now. 

There are additional trucks helping to collect bundled green waste.

Hard rubbish

If your home has suffered damage from the storms, please first contact your insurer and make appropriate arrangements.

Every eligible household in Knox is entitled to 2 hard rubbish collections each year. Find out more about hard rubbish collections, including how many you have available, what can and can’t be collected, and make a booking online.

Building materials cannot be collected by Council, please ask your insurer what do to with these.

Items can also be disposed of at the Knox Transfer Station

What's happening


Stay up to date with our newsletter

subscribe icon