The expansion and refurbishment of the Knox Regional Netball Centre is well underway and expected to be completed in September 2022. This $15.6M project in partnership with both the Australian Government ($4M) and Victorian Government ($5M) include the following features:
- 2 new indoor netball courts including change rooms, function rooms and new observation stadium
- Upgrades to existing indoor stadium
- Additional 180 car spaces
- Landscaping and public art pieces
- 4 star energy initiatives including solar power, recycled materials, natural light and water retention system
Recently, a site tour for key stakeholders from the Australian government, Victorian government, Mayor Cr Susan Laukens, Cr Nicole Seymour, representatives from the Knox Netball Association and the Netball Centre was held to see the progress on the new stadium. The new indoor court floor and steel structure is complete and framing for the roof has begun.
Knox Regional Netball Centre is located at 9 Dempster Street, Ferntree Gully.
A time lapse video of the progress of the courts extension features below.