Knox residents, young and old, are invited to write a letter welcoming Australia's newest citizens.
The letters will be displayed at upcoming citizenship ceremonies for new citizens to read.
The next citizenship ceremony in Knox is taking place on Australian Citizenship Day on Saturday 17 September. On this day, Australia will welcome thousands of new citizens. In the City of Knox, 280 people will become Australian citizens. These new citizens come from 44 different countries and are between the ages of 4 and 77 years old.
The letters are a way for the Knox community to welcome our new citizens.
Some writing prompts to help you get started include:
- I hope your life in Australia…
- Thank you for…
- I hope you love…
- I suggest you try… (food, sports, activities etc)
- Some interesting facts about Australia are…
- What I love about Australia is…
Letters can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped at either of the following drop off points by Thursday 15 September 2022:
- Knox City Council Civic Centre, 511 Burwood Hwy, Wantirna (8:30am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
- Rowville Community Centre, 40 Fulham Rd, Rowville (9am-5pm, Mon-Fri)
Download the letter template:
If you have any questions please contact us:
Phone: 9298 8000