About Fairpark Reserve
Fairpark Reserve is located in Manuka Drive, Ferntree Gully, off Scoresby Rd.
The sports hub features the following facilities:
- large oval for football
- cricket pavilion
- cricket net
- netball courts
- shared path along Blind Creek
- University of the Third Age (U3A) centre.
In 2015, a masterplan for Fairpark Reserve, Ferntree Gully was developed and included a future multi-purpose community facility to accommodate the multiple users groups currently utilising Fairpark Reserve including:
- University of Third Age (U3A)
- netball club
- cricket team
- football clubs
In 2019, the four groups submitted a joint funding application and were successful in gaining an Australian Government grant of $3 million dollars towards the construction of the multi-purpose facility.
The new Fairpark Reserve multi-purpose community facility will:
- expand and modernise facilities
- foster new modes of interaction between its users and the broader community
- respect the valued natural character of Ferntree Gully
- retain the unique identities of its user groups
- enhance user experience
- cater to the recreational and functional needs of its users
- deliver a diverse benefit to the existing and future Fairpark community.
Project update August 2021
The overall site plan design has been refined based on community feedback. Detailed concept design of multi-purpose facility, public use zones around the facility, access to the facility including landscaping, car parking layout have been developed.
Construction is expected to start early 2022.