About Fairpark Reserve
Fairpark Reserve is located on Manuka Drive in Ferntree Gully, off Scoresby Road.
The sports hub features the following facilities:
- large football oval
- cricket pavilion
- cricket net
- netball courts
- shared path along Blind Creek
- University of the Third Age (U3A) centre.
A new multi-purpose community facility at Fairpark Reserve is being developed.
Construction is underway and is expected to be finished by early 2023.
The development aims to:
- expand and modernise facilities
- foster new modes of interaction between its users and the broader community
- respect the valued natural character of Ferntree Gully
- retain the unique identities of its user groups
- enhance user experience
- cater to the recreational and functional needs of its users
- deliver a diverse benefit to the existing and future Fairpark community.
This new facility will be home to:
- Knox U3A
- Johnson Park Cricket Club
- Fairpark Football Club
- Fairpark Netball Club.
Upgrades to Fairpark Reserve include:
- a new multi-purpose facility
- refurbishment of the existing U3A building
- increased car parking and landscaping
- artwork within the reserve
- removal of the existing sports pavillion
- netball court renewal works
- net cricket training facility
This project is funded by club contributions and grants from:
- the Australian Government's Community Development program
- Cricket Australia
- AFL Victoria
- Knox City Council.
In 2015, a masterplan for Fairpark Reserve, Ferntree Gully was developed and included a future multi-purpose community facility to accommodate the multiple users groups currently utilising Fairpark Reserve including:
|2019||In 2019, the 4 groups submitted a joint funding application and were successful in gaining an Australian Government grant of $3 million dollars towards the construction of the multi-purpose facility.|
|August 2021||In August 2021, the overall site plan design was refined based on community feedback. Detailed concept design of multi-purpose facility, public use zones around the facility, access to the facility including landscaping, car parking layout was developed.|
Final plans for Fairpark Reserve have been agreed on and construction is underway. Construction is expected to be completed in early 2023.
Upgrades to the netball court are underway and are expected to be completed by late March 2022.
The southern carpark will be closed whilst construction work is undertaken.
|March to December 2022||
Stage 1: Building and southern carpark works
Following completion of this stage, user groups will move into the new facility. This is expected to occur at the end of 2022, with moving into the new building in early 2023.
|January to March 2023||
Stage 2: Northern carpark works
Email email@example.com and we will get back to you.
Or call our Major Initiatives team on 9298 8000.