We were very excited to hold the annual Knox Sports and Leisure Awards last week to celebrate the amazing contributions our volunteer sports and leisure clubs and their members have made to the community.
The annual Knox Sport and Leisure Awards has not been able to be held since 2019 due to the covid-19 pandemic, but this year more than 120 people from across the Knox sports and leisure community joined us at Knox Community Arts Centre on Wednesday 30 March.
There were 7 winners across five categories, with the Club Person of the Year being awarded to two winners in both the adult and junior categories. There were also 14 people acknowledged for 20 years of service to their club, 11 for 30 years and 2 awarded for 40 years of service.
Guests also heard from local sporting hero, Tess Flintoff, who played her early cricket at Knox Gardens Cricket Club before continuing her career at the Melbourne Stars.
We are proud to be able to recognise such outstanding achievements by all award recipients and we congratulate all nominees and award winners.
The winners of the 2020/2021 Knox Sport and Leisure Awards are:
- Club of the Year – Wantirna Tennis Club
- Best Club Initiated Program – Knox City Football Club
- Women in Sport Leadership – Kirsten Elder, St John’s Tecoma Cricket Club
- Club Person of the Year – Adult – Mark Tyrrell, Knox City Football Club
- Club Person of the Year – Adult – Adrian Thomas, Upper Ferntree Gully Junior Football Club
- Club Person of the Year – Junior – Jackson Creek, Sherbrooke Little Athletics
- Club Person of the Year – Junior – Matthew Rose’Myer, Boronia Cricket Club