Knox Carols by Candlelight is back, live in person for the first time since 2019! We hope you are planning to join us for a magical evening of entertainment.
- Saturday 10 December
- Wally Tew Reserve, Brenock Park Drive, Ferntree Gully
- 4pm – 10:15pm (main Carols show from 8pm)
- F ree
This is a smoke, drug, alcohol and pet free event (assistance dogs welcome).
There is no public parking at the event. Where possible walk, ride or take public transport to the event. Bike parking is available near the library.
There is limited parking in the surrounding streets and shopping precinct. You will need to walk from your car to the event site.
Accessible parking is available. The accessible car park is located via the Burwood Highway entry.
There is also a drop off and pick up zone via the Burwood Highway entrance.
What to bring
- Christmas cheer
- Rubber based picnic blanket, low backrests or lawn chairs (prepare for damp grounds)
- Picnic (delicious food and drinks are also available for purchase)
- Sunhat and sunscreen
- Umbrella for shade / rain
- Money if you wish to purchase food or drinks
Do not bring:
- Alcohol, drugs or cigarettes
- Animals (assistance animals welcome)
There will be a road closure and diversion on Glenfern Road between Brenock Park Drive and Burwood Highway between 3pm and 10pm. Temporary traffic lights will also be installed on Brenock Park Drive.
This is an inclusive and accessible event. Accessibility features include:
- Accessible parking
- Permanent sealed paths connecting the accessible car park to the oval
- Changes Places facility
- Chill Out Space
- Identification wristbands available for children (wristbands can be obtained from the Event Info Hub)
- Auslan interpreters on stage and screen throughout the main show
- Access key and sensory guide available on the website from 1 December.
Keeping your pets safe – fireworks
Fireworks will take place between 10-10:15pm. Fireworks can frighten pets. Pet owners nearby are recommended to prepare their pets to keep them calm and safe. It is recommended to keep your pet indoors before and during the fireworks. Closing curtains, playing music or having the TV on will help mask the light and noise from the fireworks. Find out more about pet care during fireworks.