We are excited to announce that the new shared path bridge at the Ferntree Gully Community Centre is now open to the public. The new bridge has been dubbed the treehouse bridge due to its location and raised elevation. The new bridge gives the feeling of being within the tree canopies (like a treehouse).
The treehouse bridge will provide the following benefits;
- Widened 3m deck for safe pedestrian and cyclist use
- Improved accessibility so that all can enjoy the bridge and the views
- Enhanced decking that is slip-resistant for commuters
- New viewing platform to allow stopping points to enjoy the Ferny Creek scenery
- Designed to blend the structure into the surrounding environment.
- Improved handrail and barrier safety
We will also be undertaking more planting along the Ferny Creek corridor to enhance the area and improve the views from the new viewing platform in the future and benefit the natural environment.
So, if you are out for a walk or on your bike, why not incorporate it into your day out?