The Committee ensures that a youth perspective is considered on issues that affect the lives and wellbeing of local young people.
- provides an opportunity for young people to give their ideas and opinions about Council’s plans and policies
- discusses issues that affect young people
- takes part in the consideration of strategic Council documents, plans and activities
- provides input into Council processes that relate to young people
- provides opportunities to develop young people’s leadership skills and experience.
Committee member requirements
We think that it’s important to hear the voices of young people in Knox.
We also encourage applications from young people from diverse communities, including:
- culturally and linguistically diverse
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- young people with disability.
Length of engagement
Committee members are elected for 12 months.
Join the Committee
Let us know if you would like to join the Committee.
Meetings are held monthly, either online via zoom, or in a wheelchair-accessible venue.
Members are expected to attend at least 50 per cent of monthly meetings.
Benefits of membership
As a member of the Youth Advisory Committee, you can:
- meet other young people from the local community
- learn about Council and issues facing the local community
- have your say in a meaningful way
- gain confidence in participating in civic/community engagement processes
- have a volunteer role that you can put on your CV.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you.
Or call our Youth Services team on 9298 8000.