Recreation and Leisure Committee
The role of the Committee is to:
- guide Council on its leisure plans and policies
- give Council input on sport-related processes (such as feedback on grant submissions)
- join discussions on special interest topics
- help consult, review and deliver our strategic documents.
Find out more about our Recreation and Leisure Committee.
Melbourne East Regional Sport and Recreation Strategy
This Strategy is for Melbourne East Councils and other stakeholders.
Council uses it to plan and deliver:
- regional-level sport and recreation facilities
- shared recreation trails.
The Strategy finds gaps in how we provide regional facilities. It provides clear strategic directions and a planning framework. This helps stakeholders and funding providers prioritise and develop regional projects.
The Strategy was developed by Knox City Council, with:
- Boroondara City Council
- Manningham City Council
- Maroondah City Council
- Monash City Council
- Whitehorse City Council
- Yarra Ranges Council.
Read the Melbourne East Regional Sport and Recreation Strategy
Leisure policies and plans
Learn more about our policies and plans:
- Breach of Seasonal Licence Agreements with Sporting Clubs
- Casual Hire of Community Facilities Policy
- Community Signage on Council Open Space Policy
- Guidelines for Developing Sports Facilities Policy
- Sporting Club Financial Contributions Towards Reserve Development Policy
- Sporting Reserve and Facility Development Guidelines
- Support for Community Based Facility Development/Approvals
- Smoke-free festival, events and Council facilities
- Sporting Reserve Facility Usage Policy
- Use of Synthetic Turf on Council's Active Reserves Policy
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.