About the grants
Biodiversity Buddies Grants aim to support the Gardens for Wildlife program.
They provide funds for:
- weed removal
- appropriate fencing of significant bushland for protection
- revegetation for land restoration
- responsible pet management.
Grants provide an equal amount of the cost. This means the Council will match your financial contribution up to $1000.
You must pay your full contribution before Council pays its half.
Who can apply?
You must be a member of the Gardens for Wildlife program.
Your property must have or be near significant remnant indigenous vegetation. This is subject to Council approval.
Works that are part of a compliance notice aren't eligible for the grants.
Apply for a grant
Once Council receive your grant application form, we will contact you to talk about the proposed works and arrange an on-site assessment.
To help your application, you can provide:
- extra information about the benefits
- quotations for the proposed work.
We assess applications based on:
- the environmental importance and community benefit of the project
- your ability to show ongoing commitment to the project
- a commitment to carry out the assessing officer's recommendations
- a commitment to follow the guidelines of your land management plan, if you have one.
Applicants should be aware of the following:
- you will need to complete an agreed works plan
- only works carried out and receipted during the current financial year are funded
- a qualified natural resource management contractor must carry out the work
- we conduct another site inspection once the work has been completed.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.