The Committee's objectives are to:
- make recommendations on the implementation of Knox Community & Council Plan 2017-2020
- advise Council on emerging issues affecting families and children and the related services
- identify new key research, policy and legislative issues
- forecast issues in the roll-out of the Knox Key Life Stages Plan 2017-2020
- consider advice and information made available through other Council channels.
Join the Committee
We are looking for 2 new members to join this progressive and inclusive committee. You will need to attend a committee meeting every second month.
You will be valued and supported for your contribution and will be able to build relationships with committee members and Council Officers. This is also an opportunity to:
- offer your experience
- gain skills
- be briefed on emerging key research, policies and legislation impacting the early years sector.
If you live in Knox, understand and are interested in issues that impact families and young children, email email@example.com to obtain an Expression of Interest form or call 0400 917203.
Applications close Monday 21 June 2021.
Committee member requirements
A diverse group of local volunteers make up the Committee.
Members have interest and knowledge of issues affecting families and children.
Council appoints at least two Councillors to support the Committee.
Current Committee Councillors
The current Councillors are:
- Cr Yvonne Allred
- Cr Jude Dwight
The Council CEO chooses officers to advise and support the Committee.
The Committee meets every second month.
It operates alongside a Terms of Reference.
The Committee also joins the six-monthly Group Meetings and annual Advisory Committee Forum.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.