You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.
Skip to the main content

Thanks for your patience over the next few weeks while we clean up fallen trees after the recent storms. Find out more about free storm related waste drop offs at the Knox Transfer Station and extra bin collections.


You need a permit if you want to use fireworks on public land.

Fireworks on public land

Only licensed pyrotechnicians can work with fireworks in Knox.

Pyrotechnicians intending to set off fireworks on public land in Knox must:

  • have a current licence
  • apply for a permit to discharge fireworks on public land.

How to apply

To apply for a permit to discharge fireworks on public land, you you will need to:

Submit your application

Share your application form, documents and payment with us via: 

  • Email
  • Mail to Knox City Council, 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152, or
  • Submit it in person at the Knox Customer Service Counter located at our council offices at 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152.

Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance must be in place (of $20 million minimum) before any work begins.

Fees and charges

The application fee is $271 (this includes a $173 non-refundable application fee and a $98 permit fee).

This fee is current from 1 July 2023 until 30 June 2024.

Need help?

Contact us and we will get back to you.

Or call our Community Laws Department on 9298 8000.

Our Council


Stay up to date with our newsletter

subscribe icon