You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.
Skip to the main content

Living in a caravan or camping

Unless you are staying at a caravan park, you need a permit to live in a caravan or camp for an extended period. This includes a tent, shed or any other temporary or makeshift accommodation on your own property.

Apply for a permit

To obtain a permit, you need to supply: 

  • a completed permit application form
  • a sketch of the caravan location (distance from fences and houses)
  • the permit fee.

Neighbour consent any also be sought by Council.

The maximum permit granted is 12 months.

Apply for a camping permit

Need help?

Contact us and we will get back to you.

Or call our Community Laws team on 9298 8000.

Our Council


Stay up to date with our newsletter

subscribe icon