Annual budget 2021-22
Council’s 2021-22 budget was adopted at the Ordinary Meeting on 28 June 2021, with a revised budget adopted on 26 July 2021.
The Budget forms an integral part of Council’s overall strategic planning framework and outlines the financial and non-financial resources required to implement the directions set out in the Knox Community and Council Plan 2017-21 and the new plans currently in development (Community Plan 2021-2031 and Council Plan 2021-2025).
Incorporating feedback from the community, we’ve identified key priorities for the coming year including:
- building and maintaining community infrastructure
- expanding kindergarten services
- responding to climate change
- supporting health and wellbeing.
Council’s budget includes a rate increase of 1.5 per cent, in line with the State Government’s Fair Go Rates System.
Budget at a glance
$194.8m total operating revenue
$188.2m total operating expenditure (excluding net loss on property)
$126.3m total rates and charges
$128m on capital projects
$50m to be borrowed to fund capital works
719.4 full time equivalent employees
- $39.3m for Capital Works renewal funding to be invested in maintaining and renewing existing community assets such as roads, footpaths, drains and buildings.
- $88.7m to be invested in new, upgraded and expanded community assets.
Highlights of the capital works program for 2021-22 include:
- $27m towards the redevelopment of Knox Regional Sports Park, delivering twelve new indoor basketball courts for domestic and elite use, high performance basketball facilities, gymnastics facilities as well as new administration areas, food and café facilities, car parking and landscaping
- $23.9m to improve parks, reserves and community facilities including $8.25m for Knox Regional Netball Centre
- $15.4m to improve and expand community buildings, including $4.84m towards the Fairpark Reserve pavilion upgrade
- $18.1m on roads, footpaths, drainage and other civil infrastructure.
Learn more in our Adopted Rating and Revenue Plan 2021-2022.
2020-21 annual budget
Council's 2020-21 budget was adopted at the Ordinary Meeting on 22 June 2020.
It outlined the resources needed to put in place the directions set out in the Knox Community and Council Plan 2017-21.
It included a rate increase of 2 per cent, in line with the State Government's Fair Go Rates System.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.