Independent clothing recycle bins
Fundraising organisations or individuals need to have a permit for a clothing recycle collection bin on their property.
How to apply
To apply for an independent clothing bin recycle bin permit, you will need to:
- download and complete the application form
- submit a sketch plan of the site placement
- provide a copy of your Public Liability Insurance
- pay the permit fee.
Submit your application
Share your application form, sketch plan, Public Liability Insurance and payment with us via:
- Email email@example.com
- Mail to Knox City Council, 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152, or
- Submit it in person at the Knox Customer Service Counter located at our council offices at 511 Burwood Highway, Wantirna South VIC 3152.
Public Liability Insurance
Public Liability Insurance must be in place (of $20 million minimum) before the collection bin is installed.
The insurance must reflect the following wording:
"The interests of the City of Knox Council as a principal is hereby noted. The policy is extended to indemnify the Knox City Council in respect of any claim indemnifiable under the policy brought in respect of personal injury or damage to property caused by an occurrence arising directly and solely out of the negligent acts, errors or omissions of the insured. This extension does not extend to any negligent acts, errors or omissions of the Knox City Council, its staff or agents themselves."
Fees and charges
- $326 per bin that is directly operated by a fundraising organisation (includes a $173 non-refundable application fee)
- $813 per bin that is not operated by a fundraising organisation (includes a $173 non-refundable application fee)
These fees are current from 1 July 2023 until 30 June 2024.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Community Laws team on 9298 8000.