About the Local Law
The Knox Amenity Local Law aims to:
- provide for the peace, order and good government of the district
- promote a safe physical and social environment, in which residents can enjoy a quality of life that meets the general expectations of the community
- prevent and manage nuisances which may adversely affect the enjoyment of life or health, safety and welfare of people within the district.
These objectives are to be achieved by:
- regulating and managing activities of people which may be dangerous, unsafe or detrimental to the quality of life of other people in, or around, the district
- regulating and controlling the use of Council land, roads and assets, and
- providing standards and conditions for specified activities to protect the safety and welfare of people within, and around, the district.
The Knox City Council Amenity Local Law 2020 was approved by Council on 25 May 2020. It came into effect on 1 July 2020.
The Amenity Local Law replaces the General Provisions Local Law, which expired on 30 June 2020.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Community Laws Department on 9298 8000.