The Committee's objectives are to:
- provide advice and input on the development of Council’s leisure plans and policies
- input into and feedback on Council’s sport-related processes and projects
- engage in discussion on ‘special interest’ topics as determined by Council
- participate in the ongoing consultation, review and implementation of sporting and recreational documents.
Committee member requirements
A diverse group of local volunteers make up the Committee. Committee members should have an interest in and good working knowledge of either:
- sporting and leisure infrastructure
- community capacity building, particularly the importance of volunteerism
- leisure, sporting and health and fitness trends
- sporting and leisure networks
- working knowledge of sport and leisure within Knox
- sport and leisure within a Local Government context.
Length of engagement
Committee members are elected for two years.
Join the Committee
Applications are now open to join Council’s Recreation and Leisure Advisory Committee.
It's easy to apply online:
Applications close Friday 9 December.
Council appoints up to three Councillors to support the Committee in a range of areas, including delegated authority and advocacy.
Current Committee Councillors
The current Councillors are:
- Cr Lisa Cooper
- Cr Sorina Grasso
Meetings take place quarterly.
The Committee operates alongside a Terms of Reference.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Contact Leisure Services Officer on 9298 8000.