About the Plan
The Plan is designed to:
- reflect Council’s approach to children’s play
- analyse issues of play space access, supply and demand
- document design principles to guide future play space provision
- provide a framework for assessing the suitability of all play spaces in Knox.
Key recommendations of the Plan include:
- increased access to natural play opportunities within play spaces
- provision of more open ended play opportunities
- increased access for children and carers of all abilities in play spaces
- consideration of older carers, such as grandparents
- provision of play spaces that appeal to a broader range of age groups.
The Knox Play Space Plan is aligned with the Playground Asset Management Plan and the Knox Open Space Plan.
This enables us to ensure that investment in play spaces is appropriate to local needs and reflects the character of a local reserve.
See the Knox Play Space Plan 2013-2023
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.