To support Council to oversight:
- compliance with Council’s policies, procedures and governance principles
- overarching governance principles
- effectiveness of Council’s system of internal controls, including fraud and corruption prevention
- council’s risk management framework
- financial and performance reporting
- internal audit and external audit functions
- statutory and legislative compliance
- liaison between Council, Management and the external and internal auditors.
The Audit Committee has three independent external members and two Councillors. The Committee is Chaired by an independent member.
Current Committee Councillors
The current Councillors are:
- Cr Darren Pearce
- Cr Susan Laukens (Mayor).
The Audit Committee meets at least quarterly, with additional meetings convened if required.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call the Manager Governance team on 9298 8000.