About RACISM. IT STOPS WITH ME
RACISM. IT STOPS WITH ME campaign is part of the National Anti-Racism Strategy. It was launched in 2012 by the Australian Government.
The National Anti-Racism Strategy aims to help Australians understand:
- what racism and discrimination is
- how racism and discrimination can be prevented
- how racism and discrimination can be reduced.
The Campaign aims to:
- ensure more Australians recognise that racism is unacceptable in our community
- give more Australians the tools and resources to take practical action against racism
- empower individuals and organisations to prevent and respond effectively to racism.
What you can do to fight racism
Step in and stand up against racism. It shows the target that you don’t support racist behaviour toward them or anyone else.
It is a powerful sign of support. It also makes the perpetrator think twice about what they are saying or doing.
Extra support and resources
These tips for bystanders show how everyone can play a role in preventing racism.
Community Reporting Tool
If you have experienced racism, sexual harassment or discrimination of any kind, or if you have any human rights issues or concerns, then the Victorian Equal Opportunity & Human Rights Commission want to hear from you.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Multicultural Communities Officer on 9298 8000.