The Committee's objectives are to:
- guide Council on multicultural issues
- raise issues facing people from different cultures
- help develop policies, plans and actions
- promote opportunities
- engage with communities
- promote and celebrate cultural diversity
- connect different cultural groups
- track the progress of the Knox Access and Equity Implementation Plan 2017-2022.
Committee member requirements
A diverse group of local volunteers make up the Committee.
Volunteers need a good knowledge of cultural diversity.
Council appoints up to two Councillors to take part in the Committee.
They offer support in a range of areas, including delegated authority and advocacy.
Current Committee Councillors
The current Councillors are:
- Cr Sorina Grasso
The Chief Executive Officer chooses Council officers to guide and support the Committee.
The Committee meets four times a year.
It operates alongside a Terms of Reference.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Community Development Officer - Access & Equity on 9298 8000.