Making a difference to others and our community is at the heart of everything we do at Knox.
Our vision, purpose and values shape our work culture. It guides the way we interact, lead and collaborate for shared success.
Our values are the foundations of our culture at Knox. They represent what we stand for, guide our choices and inspire us to bring our whole selves to work.
Our values are:
- Make a difference daily
- Inspire and facilitate success
- Think big, act bold
- Do what is right (not what is easy)
At Knox, we're committed to flexible work to help you achieve a balance between work and life. Some benefits include:
- a variety of leave options
- accrued or rostered days off
- working from home
Learning and development
Knox offers many opportunities for learning and development. Some of these include:
- support towards further study
- a dedicated approach to achieving career goals, development and aspirations
- secondment opportunities
Health and wellbeing
We're committed to creating a healthy workplace. We want to support staff to make healthier choices for a healthy lifestyle.
Knox Council staff health and wellbeing perks include:
- Discounted membership to Knox Leisureworks
- Secure pushbike storage facilities, and change rooms/showers at the Civic Centre
- Access to table tennis tables and equipment in central locations
- A variety of activity groups including yoga, walking and soccer
- Annual participation in the Australian Corporate Games
Knox staff can also join various programs and initiatives, including:
- Becoming a member of the Wellness@Knox Committee. Committee members from across the organisation work together to create staff health and wellbeing initiatives
- Mental Health Champions program
- Personal Injury Return to Work program
Equal opportunity employer
Knox City Council is an equal opportunity employer. We commit to providing a safe working environment that embraces and values child safety, diversity and inclusion.
Find out more about our Gender Equality Action Plan.
If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to tell us at the time of application.
Thrive: Our Future Ready Knox Strategy
We are reimagining the future of work and adapting how we lead the way.
We want to harness our skillsets and mindsets, grow together and bring our whole selves to work.
Our Thrive: Future Ready Knox Strategy supports the way we remain purposeful for our residents, our community and our city.
It includes 4 strategic priorities:
- Adaptive future – to be an adaptable, resilient and sustainable workplace
- Evolving culture – to be an agile workplace that trusts that our leaders and people will bring out the best in each other
- Flexible workplace – to be an inclusive and connected workplace that supports new ways of working, thinking and learning
- Thriving people – supporting our diverse and capable workforce to grow personally and professionally
Current jobs at Knox City Council
Find out what roles are currently available at Knox City Council.
Best of luck with your application!
Each role will have a contact person listed. Please contact them directly if you have any questions.