The Committee creates, maintains and tests the Municipal Emergency Management Plan (MEMP).
The MEMP addresses the prevention of, response to and recovery from emergencies within Knox. It also covers broader local government plans including the:
The Committee is made up of:
Knox City Council members
- Municipal Emergency Manager (Chairperson)
- Coordinator Emergency Management
Response and recovery agencies/organisations
- Victoria Police - Municipal Emergency Response Coordinator (MERC)
- Country Fire Authority
- Fire Rescue Victoria
- Australian Red Cross
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Department of Education and Training
- Ambulance Victoria
- Forest Fire Management Victoria
- St John Ambulance
- Victorian Council of Churches Emergencies Ministry
- Victoria State Emergency Service.
Local business/community representatives
- Eastern Health
- Westfield Knox
- Community representative for disability
- Community representative for youth
- Community representative for older adults
- Community representative for culturally and linguistically diverse community.
- Boronia Centrelink
- Emergency Management Officers - KCC
- Municipal Emergency Management Officers (MEMO) - KCC
- Municipal Recovery Managers (MRM) - KCC
- Public Information Officers (PIO) - KCC.
The MEMPC meets at least four times a year.
The Committee will also meet after a significant emergency to review its response.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Customer Service team on 9298 8000.