The Committee's objectives are to:
- advise Council regarding strategic issues that affect Knox residents with disabilities, their families and carers
- help develop policy and action planning around access and inclusion
- assist Council to ensure all Knox policies, programs and protocols reflect the needs and rights of residents with disabilities, their families and carers
- act as a central point to discuss relevant issues to people with disabilities, their families and carers
- promote disability awareness within Council and the wider Knox community.
A diverse group of local volunteers make up the Committee.
Committee members must have an interest in and knowledge of the disability sector.
Committee members are elected for 2 years.
Council appoints up to two Councillors to support the Committee in a range of areas, including delegated authority and advocacy.
Current Committee Councillors
The current Councillors are:
- Cr Nicole Seymour
- Cr Meagan Baker.
The Knox City Council CEO nominates officers to provide advice and support to the Committee.
Meetings take place every 2 months. The Committee is guided by a Terms of Reference.
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Disability Leadership team on 9298 8000.