The Committee's objectives are to:
- advise Council regarding strategic issues that affect Knox residents with disabilities, their families and carers
- help develop policy and action planning around access and inclusion
- assist Council to ensure all Knox policies, programs and protocols reflect the needs and rights of residents with disabilities, their families and carers
- act as a central point to discuss relevant issues to people with disabilities, their families and carers
- promote disability awareness within Council and the wider Knox community.
Committee nominations are now closed
Applications to join the Knox Disability Advisory Committee (KDAC) have now closed. New Committee members will commence their term on the Committee in August 2023.
A diverse group of local volunteers make up the Committee.
Committee members must have an interest in and knowledge of the disability sector.
Committee members are elected for 2 years.
Council appoints up to two Councillors to support the Committee in a range of areas, including delegated authority and advocacy.
Current Committee Councillors
The current Councillors are:
- Cr Nicole Seymour
- Cr Meagan Baker.
The Knox City Council CEO nominates officers to provide advice and support to the Committee.
Meetings take place every 2 months. The Committee is guided by a Terms of Reference.
Contact us and we will come back to you.
Or call our Disability Leadership team on 9298 8000.