To be eligible for a Minor Grant, applications must be for:
- small, incidental (secondary or miscellaneous) amounts for one-off projects,
- activities or equipment purchases or repairs that will benefit Knox residents
- funds that will be spent within 12 months from receipt of the grant
- an amount of no more than $3,000.
Council will not support the following:
- applications that are eligible for funding under another Council grant program
- applications for items that the organisation normally budgets for
- applications submitted after an event was held or item was purchased
- a project, activity or equipment purchase approved for a grant in previous two financial years
- fundraising or funding for prizes, sponsorship, donations or gifts.
Who can apply
To be eligible, applying organisations must:
- provide services, projects and programs that directly benefit residents of Knox
- be a not-for-profit legal entity that provides services, support or activities to the Knox community or be auspiced (managed or supported) by an incorporated body or other not-for-profit legal entity
- have an Australian Business Number or complete a Statement by Supplier form
- have a Committee or similar to accept responsibility for managing the grant
- hold adequate public liability insurance for the activity outlined in the application
- be able to supply permits and plans appropriate to the funded activity where requested by Council.
- have provided evidence to Council’s satisfaction of the expenditure of any previous grant provided
- have no outstanding debts to Council
- not be an operator of electronic gaming machines.
Who cannot apply
Council will not consider the following for the Minor Grants Program:
- individuals or profit-making businesses
- organisations that are not incorporated or supported by an incorporated body
- organisations that have outstanding acquittal documentation with Council
- organisations that received any Minor Grants totalling $3,000 in the current financial year or received Minor Grants totalling $5,000 within last three financial years.
Apply for a Minor Grant
Applications must be completed online.
They must show a clear benefit to the Knox community and align with our Community and Council Plan.
Timeframe for applications
Minor Grant applications are considered at each month's Ordinary Meeting of Council.
Applications need to be submitted at least ten working days before the next meeting date.
Minor Grants Program Policy
Council has a Minor Grants Program Policy that guides the allocation of grants under the program.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Community Grants officer on 9298 8000.