About the Plan
The Plan was created under the principals of the Domestic Animals Act 1994 and after a 12-month consultation process.
It is based on themes from the Act such as:
- training of authorised officers
- pet registration and identification
- nuisance animals
- dog attacks
- dangerous, menacing and restricted dog breeds
- pet overpopulation and high euthanasia
- domestic animal businesses
- other domestic animal matters.
The consultation period for community feedback is now closed.
Adopting the plan
In January 2018, Knox City Council adopted the Plan.
It covers four years and is reviewed yearly.
Contact us and we will get back to you.
Or call our Community Laws Department on 9298 8000.