You need to enable JavaScript to run this app.
Skip to the main content

Roadside trading

You must apply for a permit if you wish to trade on Council land or roadsides in Knox. 

Roadside trading permits

A roadside trading permit allows you to trade on council land in Knox.  This includes:

  • roadsides
  • carparks
  • footpaths
  • naturestrips
  • reserves.

This permit does not apply to roads that are controlled by VicRoads.

Permits can be obtained for 1 day, 1 to 7 days and up to 1 month.

You must submit an application at least 21 working days before you intend to begin trading.

Apply for a roadside trading permit

Permit requirements

You must supply:

  • the completed permit application
  • the permit fee
  • a sketch plan of the site including location and Melway Reference Number.
  • a copy of your Public Liability Insurance. This copy should also include:
    • the name of your insurer
    • name of policy holder
    • insurance expiry date
    • policy number
    • list Knox City Council as an interested party.

Public Liability Insurance

Public Liability Insurance must be in place (of $20 million minimum) providing principal’s indemnity cover.

Need help?

Contact us and we will get back to you.

Or call our Community Laws team on 9298 8000.

Our Council


Stay up to date with our newsletter

subscribe icon